HS Code: 28061000
Molecular Formula: HCl
Other Names: Hydronium chloride, Chlorhydric Acid
- Hydrochloric acid is a colorless inorganic chemical system with the formula HCl. Hydrochloric acid has a distinctive pungent smell. It is mainly produced as a precursor to vinyl chloride for PVC. It is classified as strongly acidic and can attack the skin over a wide composition range, since the hydrogen chloride practically dissociates completely in solution
- Hydrochloric acid is the simplest chlorine-based acid system containing water. It is a solution of hydrogen chloride and water, and a variety of other chemical species, including hydronium and chloride ions. It is an important chemical reagent and industrial chemical, used primarily in the production of polyvinyl chloride for plastic. In households, diluted hydrochloric acid is often used as a descaling agent. In the food industry, hydrochloric acid is used as a food additive and in the production of gelatin. Hydrochloric acid is also used in leather processing.
- HCl is a strong, monoprotic acid, which means it can release only one H+ ion (proton).
- Being a strong acid, it gets completely dissociated in water to give the hydronium and chloride ions. It readily reacts with bases to form chloride salts.
- Concentrated HCl dissolves many metals and forms oxidized metal chlorides and hydrogen gas.
- Dilute HCl can break down or digest many chemical and biological samples.
- Hydrochloric acid has many industrial uses, such as in the production of various chlorides, plastics (such as PVC and polyurethane), fertilizerand dyes.
- It is also used in the photographic, textile, and rubber industries, as well as in gelatin production, leather processing and household cleaning products.
- Available in 40Kgs Can and Tanker Load